BRANSON VACATION GETAWAYS RAFFLE
NO PURCHASE OR CONTRIBUTION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A purchase OR CONTRIBUTION will not increase your chances of winning. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. FLORIDA AND NEW YORK RESIDENTS NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER.
The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Chicago Foundation (“Foundation” or “Sponsor”), a non-profit corporation formed under the Illinois Nonprofit Corporation Act and qualified with the Internal Revenue Service as a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, is the sponsor of the Branson Vacation Getaways Raffle (“Raffle”).
The proceeds of the Raffle will benefit the Foundation.
- The entry period for the Raffle begins September 7, 2018 at 9 a.m. Central Time (CT) and ends November 10, 2018 at 6 p.m. CT (the “Entry Period”). The Foundation’s computer will serve as the official time piece for the Raffle.
- By participating in the Raffle, Entrants expressly agree to be bound by these Official Rules
The Raffle shall be subject to all restrictions contained herein and all applicable federal, state, and local rules
Eligibility to Enter: The Raffle is only open to Entrants who are 21 years of age or older on the date of entry and who physically reside in, and are legal residents of, one of the 48 contiguous United States (residents of New York and Florida are not eligible to enter). Foundation shall be the sole judge of the validity and eligibility of all entries. Employees of the Foundation and of the, Raffle prize donors (collectively, the “Sponsor Entities”) are eligible to participate in the Raffle and/or win any Raffle prize (as further defined below). Additionally, relatives of such employees and persons living in the same household as such employees (whether related or not) are not eligible to win.
- How to Enter the Raffle.
PURCHASE A TICKET: To enter the Raffle, purchase one or more Raffle tickets from the Foundation by going to www.chicagoemmyonline.org (the “Web Site”) during the Entry Period. When you click on “Buy a ticket” you will be taken to a different web site, www.rafflecreator.com, where you will be asked to provide you name, email address, and telephone number and your payment information. Eligible entrants may purchase Raffle tickets may be purchased for $10 dollars each, 3 Raffle tickets for $25 dollars or 8 tickets for $50 during the Entry Period. Raffle tickets will also be sold at the Chicago/Midwest Emmy Awards ceremony scheduled for Saturday, November 10, 2018 at the Marriott Magnificent Mile, 540 N. Michigan, Chicago. Tickets will be sold at that event, beginning at 4 p.m. and ending at 6:30 p.m. (the “Emmy Event”). Purchasers of Raffle tickets need not be present at the Emmy Event to win. To purchase one or more Raffle tickets, you must provide the following information on the Raffle entry form or, if you purchase a Raffle ticket at the Emmy Event, on the back of the Raffle ticket: your name, your mailing address (street address, city and state; P.O. Boxes not accepted), your primary phone number (with area code) and your e-mail address If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an on-line entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the e-mail account submitted with the entry. As used herein, the “authorized holder of the e-mail account” is defined as the natural person to whom the e-mail address is assigned by an Internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
FREE METHOD OF ENTRY: To enter the Raffle for free, write your name, address, phone number and email address on a 3 x 5 card and mail it to:
NATAS Chicago Foundation
c/o Columbia College, CMI Dept.
33 E. Congress Parkway
Chicago, IL 60605
All mail entries must be postmarked no later than October 26, 2018 or entry will be discarded. LIMIT: ONE (1) MAIL ENTRY PER PERSON/HOUSEHOLD.
By entering the Raffle entrants hereby consent to receive one or more emails from Sponsor concerning entrant’s Raffle entry.
Checks that are returned for insufficient funds, credit card payments that result in a failure to transfer funds to the Foundation or other reasons for failure to deliver payment for the Raffle tickets will disqualify the Raffle ticket(s) covered by such failed payment, and the Raffle ticket(s) will be void.
- Prize: The first Winner drawn will receive the following:
Live Entertainment Package
- Round trip coach airfare departing from the nearest major city airport of winners’ residences, within the continental United States (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), to Branson, MO for four (4) people on an airline selected by Foundation in its sole discretion. Travel must be completed by December 31, 2019.
- One rental car provided to Winner in Branson, Mo. during the duration of the trip.
- Hilton® Hotels Branson accommodations for (two (2) double occupancy rooms for two (2) days and two (2) nights.
- Four (4) tickets to the musical “Million Dollar Quarter” at the Welk Resort Theatre in Branson.
- Four (4) tickets to Rick Thomas Illusionist & Magic Show at the Andy Williams Moon River Theatre in Branson.
- Two (2) “Heart of the Ocean” replica necklaces provided by Titanic Museum
- Four (4) tickets to the Titanic Museum.
- Dinner for four (4) at Level 2 Restaurant at the Hilton Branson Convention Center Hotel (value of dinner to be determined by Prize donor in its sole discretion).
- Four (4) tickets to Silver Dollar City Theme park plus a park lunch voucher (amount of voucher to be determined by Prize donor in its sole discretion)
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Prize: $3,000
The second drawn Winner will receive the following:
Family Fun Package
- Round trip coach airfare departing the nearest major city airport of winners’ residences, within the continental United States (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), to Branson, MO. for four (4) people on an airline selected by Foundation in its sole discretion. Travel must be completed by December 31, 2019.
- One rental car provided to Winner in Branson, Mo. during the duration of the trip.
- Hotel accommodations for four (4) at the Welk Resort Branson Hotel (two (2) rooms; double occupancy) for two (2) days and two (2) nights.
- Access for four (4) to the Splash-a-Torium, water attraction, located within the Welk Resort for the duration of the two-night stay.
- Four (4) tickets to Silver Dollar City Theme Park plus a park lunch voucher (value of voucher to be determined by Prize donor in its sole discretion).
- Four (4) tickets to Showboat Branson Belle Dinner Cruise.
- Four (4) tickets to World’s Largest Toy Museum.
- Meal voucher for four (4) at McFarlain’s Family Restaurant (value of voucher to be determined by Prize donor in its sole discretion).
ARV of Prize: $3,000.00
ARV OF ALL PRIZES: $6,000.00
Reservations and airline tickets are non-refundable for cash or credit, non-transferable and non-changeable once issued. If lost, they will not be replaced. The Prize trips cannot be combined with any previously purchased trip or any other coupon, certificates, discount, bonus, infant fare, upgrades, or promotional offers/tickets. Any unused portion of a Prize trip will not be refunded and cannot be used toward another booking or another service component. Checked luggage fees may apply. Prize Winners and Prize Winners’ guests must travel together on the same itinerary. The Prize winners and Prize Winners’ guests are responsible for insurance and any other required travel documents, including valid identification. Failure to provide such documents may result in trip cancellation upon check-in. In the event that any component of a Prize is unavailable, canceled or postponed for any reason, the remainder of that Prize will be awarded with the exception of those components (as applicable) and the remaining elements of that Prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s prize obligation to that Prize winner. If a Prize winner elects to travel or partake in the trip without his/her allotted guest(s), no additional compensation will be awarded. Airline reservations are based on space availability. Once the airline reservation has been made, no changes will be accepted. No extension of effective dates is permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, damaged or misplaced luggage. Lost airline tickets will not be replaced. All other expenses including, without limitation, meals, ground transportation (except for that ground transportation which is a part of the Prize), telephone charges, movie charges, pay-per-view television charges, hotel room-service charges, merchandise, souvenirs, and any other incidental costs and expenses not identified in these Official Rules shall be the sole responsibility of each Winners and each Winner’s guest who incur such charges. The rental car vehicle will be a midsize sedan or similar. Upgrades may be purchased by winner if desired. Prize Winners and Winners’ travel guests are responsible for securing all required travel documents. State and federal income taxes may apply and are the sole responsibility of the Winners. If any Winner and/or the Winner’s guest engage in disruptive behavior while they are in Branson, Sponsor shall have the right, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to require that Winner and the Winner’s guest to return immediately to their city or cities of residence. In that event, the Winner will forfeit the unused portion of the Prize.
Decisions made by Sponsor are final in all matters, including interpretation of these Official Rules and awarding of the prizes, and those decisions cannot be appealed. No substitutions of any prize are offered, except that Sponsor and the Sponsor Entities reserve the right in their sole discretion to substitute a prize or any portion of a prize for a prize(s) of equal or greater value. No transfer of a prize to a third party is permitted and the cash value of a prize will not be awarded in lieu of a prize where it applies, except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any applicable federal, state and local taxes, including, without limitation, excise tax (including sales tax), and other expenses not specifically set forth herein are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- Drawing: The Potential Winner will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entrants on Saturday, November 10, 2018 at the Emmy Event. Only one Drawing will be held. Sponsor will attempt to notify each Winner by phone, mail or e-mail. If any Winner does not claim his/her Prize, declines the Prize or their eligibility is not verified within fifteen (15) days following contact, another eligible Winner will be drawn. This alternate selection process shall continue until all Prizes are awarded.
- Odds: Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible official entries received.
- Official Winner: Foundation shall have the sole discretion to determine whether each potential Winner is the official winner of a Prize (“Official Winner”). Foundation’s decision concerning the identity of all Official Winners shall be final and binding. If for any reason whatsoever all of the requirements are not satisfied with respect to a particular Winner, or if Foundation is unable for any reason to identify the holder of a winning Raffle ticket or to contact a Winner, then the Winner’s Prize will be deemed forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected as detailed in “Drawing.”
- Release of Liability:
All entries must be completed in full in order to be eligible. Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void. Entries generated by a script, macro, bot or other automated means will be disqualified. No mechanical reproductions, alterations, or forged entries allowed. Incomplete, illegible, and corrupted entries are void. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and his/her entry) who tampers with the entry process.
Any person who supplies false information, enters by fraudulent means, or is otherwise determined to be in violation of these Official Rules in an attempt to obtain a Prize will forfeit the Prize won and may be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Each entrant further agrees to not knowingly: damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes; prevent others from using the Sweepstakes; or obtain or modify another user’s account information without their consent.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE RAFFLE VIOLATES CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SPONSOR MAY SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Sponsor and Sponsor Entities are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, destroyed, forged, damaged, tampered with, mass machine generated, unintelligible, incomprehensible, misdirected entries, otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules or mail related to or resulting from participation in the Raffle. Sponsor and Sponsor Entities are also not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed software transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Raffle or damage to user’s system as a result of participation in the Raffle or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Raffle. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or modify the Raffle if the Raffle is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, any computer virus, malfunction, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or other cause beyond its control which corrupts, threatens or adversely affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Raffle.
By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to waive any right to claim ambiguity with the Official Rules.
Except where prohibited by law, by entering this Sweepstakes, each Winner consents to (i) the use of the Winner’s name, voice, picture, likeness and biographical data and/or any other information contained in the Winner’s entry in advertising, promotional and marketing materials by Sponsor and the Sponsor Entities worldwide in all media now known or hereafter discovered or devised (including, without limitation, Sponsor’s and Sponsor Entities’ web sites) without additional compensation, notice, approval or review and (ii) the modification, editing, adaptation, electronic alteration, use, assignment and/or disposal of on-line entries however Sponsor sees fit and for any purpose without any notice or compensation to Winner or any third parties. Each entrant acknowledges that if entrant is chosen as a winner, certain of entrant’s personally identifying information may be disclosed to third parties at least as required by law, including, without limitation, on a Winner’s List.
All Prize claims and documents provided by the Winner must be verified by Sponsor.
EACH PRIZE winner, by acceptance of a Prize, agrees to release Sponsor AND the Sponsor Entities from AND AGAINST any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, death, disability, attorneys’ fees, costs of litigation and settlement as well as damages or losses to persons and property that may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, REDEMPTION or use of THE Prize or while traveling to and/or from a location to obtain or use the Prize.
EACH ENTRANT UnderstandS and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the California Civil Code and similar law of any state or territory of the United States are hereby expressly waived. Said section reads as follows:
- CERTAIN CLAIMS NOT AFFECTED BY GENERAL RELEASES. A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
Neither Sponsor nor the Sponsor Entities make any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of A Prize including, without limitation, quality, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. Further, no responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing, or acts of any government or authority.
Sponsor and Sponsor Entities shall not be liable to any Winner or any other person for failure to supply a prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control. Sponsor and Sponsor Entities (including, without limitation, the Academy) shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carrier(s), hotel(s), or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same.
- Severability: If any provision of these Official Rules is found invalid or unenforceable to any extent by a court of competent jurisdiction, then the remainder of these Official Rules and their application shall remain enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Governing Law: The Sweepstakes and these Official Rules will be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the event that any dispute arises regarding the Raffle or any of the Prizes. Any action by entrant or any third party brought to enforce these rules or, in connection with any matters related to the Web Site shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively by those courts located in Cook County, Illinois, and entrants expressly consent to the jurisdiction of said courts and waive any objections to personal jurisdiction. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred including, without limitation, costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees or costs. Under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses and any and all right to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
SPONSOR: NATAS Chicago Foundation, c/o Columbia College, CMI Dept., 33 E. Congress Parkway, Suite 535, Chicago, IL 60605