March 16, 2020 – The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Sunday recommended that no gatherings with 50 people or more take place for the next eight weeks to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus.
Out of an abundance of caution, Career Day scheduled for April 18th has been postponed to the fall. A new date will be announced in the summer.
Saturday, April 18, 2020
Time: 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Location: Ferguson Theatre, Columbia College Chicago, 600 S. Michigan, Chicago
College students, TV Academy members, and interested professionals will have the opportunity to talk with outstanding Chicago television professionals–leaders in their field–about job availability, job qualifications, internships, educational requirements, and the background needed for a television job in Chicago.
During the program, television professionals from the Chicago Market will discuss their jobs and the requirements for those jobs. There will be representatives of most television disciplines on air as well as behind the camera. After an initial presentation by the panel members, the program will be open to questions and discussion from the floor. Please note that this is not a job fair and applications will not be accepted.
Last year’s panelists included:
- Teri Arvesu – VP of Content at Univision Communications
- Nicolas DeGrazia – Independent Video Producer
- Melissa Forman – WLIT-FM Morning Host; Former Host for WCIU-TV’s “You & Me”
- Alefiyah Master – Operations Manager at Tribune Media
- David Parrish – Producer at WMAQ-TV; Former Executive Producer at WGN-TV & WBBM-TV
- Elliott Ramos – WBEZ-FM Digital Reporter/Editor; Former Digital Editor with Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Chicago Tribune and WBBM-TV
- Mark Schimmel – Experienced Commercial and TV Director
- Edward Steave – Village of Dolton Media Director; Independent Multimedia Producer
Or RSVP by calling the TV Academy office at 312-369-8600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Lunch will not be served at the event. Please eat beforehand!