This is one of a number of a ways you can prepare your entry for upload. Entrants from other chapters have found these instructions extremely helpful. They claim that videos are easy to upload after this process. (This is not how to compress files.)
1. Export your file out of your video editor in the resolution that it was edited.
If you edited this in 1080p QT, then export it the same way. This file will be large.
2. Download MPEG Streamclip if you don’t have it. https://www.squared5.com/
3. Open the file you exported out of your video editor with MPEG Streamclip.
4. Choose File > Export to Quicktime (Figure 1).
Figure 1: Export to Quicktime
5. Choose the Compression > H.264 and the following setting show in Figure 2. Please do not forget to check the “Limit Data Rate” box and limit this to 1000Kbs*.
*You can move this up and down to increase quality and, of course, size of the compressed file. You can also increase the Frame Size, but only if you know what you are doing.
For 4×3 videos: Check the “Other” box and make the dimensions 480 x 320
For 16×9 videos: Check the “Other” box and make the dimensions 480 x 270
Figure 2: H.264 Compression
6. Export this to a location of your choice and then upload the file to the NATAS Website.