The 2016 class of the Chicago Silver Circle was announced Nov. 7 at the 57th annual Emmy Awards gala. Six broadcasting veterans will be inducted in 2016. The Chicago Silver Circle recognizes individuals who have devoted 25 years or more to the television industry and have made significant contributions to Chicago broadcasting.
The list includes:
- Emily Barr, former president and general manager of ABC7.
- Jay Levine, chief correspondent at CBS2.
- Lilia Chacon, former Fox 32 reporter.
- Dean Richards, WGN entertainment reporter.
- Frank Whittaker, NBC5 vice president of news and station manager.
- Mary Ann Childers, former CBS2 and ABC7 news anchor.
Weatherman P.J. Hoff, commentator Len O’Connor and sportscaster Tim Weigel will be inducted posthumously.